Need to save money on groceries?
Of course these meals cost less to prepare when you purchase the ingredients at BJ’s rather than a grocery store. Shoppers can save more than 30% off supermarket prices at BJ’s, which is also the only wholesale club to accept manufacturer’s coupons in addition to its own, helping to trim your grocery bill! BJ’s carries brand names found in grocery stores, like Land O’ Lakes®, Barilla®, Sargento®, Kikkoman®, McCormick®, Perdue® and Fresh Express®, plus an incredible selection of fresh produce and meats. BJ’s also offers products in an array of sizes, so those of you with smaller families can easily shop there without buying in bulk.
So for the next several weeks, I will not only be posting the recipes, but also thought it'd be fun to try them out as well. BJ's has graciously given me and all of you, a risk-free, trial membership which includes full member benefits including savings and no surcharge. A basic 12-month membership is $45. Just click on this link to print out your trial membership (please note this expires on 7/5/2010).
Tortellini salad – Recipe courtesy of BJ’s Wholesale Club
With grilling season approaching, this salad is a light alternative to heavy, mayo-laden pasta side dishes.
Serves 4 at $1.47 per serving
Dijon Vinaigrette (recipe below) or similar bottled dressing
1 lb. frozen Mama’s Home Style 5-Cheese Tortellini
2½ cups Fresh Broccoli, chopped
3 medium Tomatoes, seeded and chopped
1 Green Onion, chopped
1. Cook pasta until almost al dente, about 7 to 8 minutes. Add broccoli to pot with pasta and cook just until pasta is al dente, about 1 minute more. Drain immediately.
2. Rinse pasta and broccoli in very cold water until completely cooled. Drain thoroughly.
3. Combine pasta and broccoli with rest of vegetables in large bowl.
4. Prepare vinaigrette according to recipe. Add to pasta and vegetables, reserving 1/ 3 cup. Toss to coat.
5. Chill overnight.
6. Bring to room temperature before serving and drizzle with reserved vinaigrette.
3/ 8 cup Wesson® Canola Oil
3/ 8 cup Rozzano® Balsamic Vinegar
½ cup Grey Poupon® Dijon Mustard
¼ cup Land O’Lakes® Half and Half
1 tsp. McCormick® Dried Italian Seasoning
1 clove Garlic, minced
Pulse in blender or whisk until thoroughly combined