Shrimp Lo-Mein – Recipe courtesy of BJ’s Wholesale Club
A healthier version of a take-out favorite in the Gunn Household. Serves 4 at $2.74 per serving.
8 oz. Barilla® Whole Grain Spaghetti
1 Tbsp. Kikkoman® Soy Sauce
½ tsp. Salt
1 tsp. Domino® Cane Sugar
1 Tbsp. fresh Ginger, grated
2 tsp. Argo® Cornstarch
1 lb. Berkley & Jensen® 21/25 Frozen Raw Shrimp, defrosted
4 Tbsp. Berkley & Jensen® Peanut Oil
2 stalks Celery, finely sliced
1 ½ cups Fresh Express® Cole Slaw (undressed)
1 Green Onion, minced
1. Cook spaghetti until al dente and drain immediately. Rinse with cold water and drain thoroughly. Set aside.
2. Mix soy sauce, ginger, cornstarch, salt and sugar in large bowl. Add shrimp and let marinate for 20 minutes.
3. Heat wok or large, straight-sided skillet over high heat until very hot. Add 2 Tbsp. of oil. Using slotted spoon, carefully add shrimp to hot pan. Reserve marinade. Stir-fry until shrimp is just opaque. Immediately remove from pan and set aside.
4. Add remaining oil. Stir-fry celery, slaw and green onion until just tender, about 5 minutes.
5. Add shrimp to ingredients in pan, along with reserved marinade. Stir-fry 2 to 3 minutes, or until sauce boils and thickens.
6. Add spaghetti to pan and toss to mix. Remove from heat and serve immediately.