This is comfort food at its best, especially on a rainy day! Also a great make-ahead meal for all you busy parents. Even easier meal if you have leftover ham from a previous dinner. And the best part....Serves 4 at $2.04 per serving!
8 oz. Barilla PLUS® Penne
12 oz. fresh Broccoli Florets
8 oz. Wellsley Farms® Ham Steak, 1" dice
White Sauce (see recipe #5 )
¾ cup Sargento® Shredded Parmesan Cheese
1 Tbsp. McCormick® Whole Peppercorns (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 350º. Add pasta to large pot of rapidly boiling, salted water. Cook 4 minutes.
2. Add broccoli florets to pot with pasta. Cook until vegetables are tender and pasta is al dente, about 6 minutes.
3. Drain immediately and transfer to large serving bowl. Add ham and toss to mix.
4. Prepare white sauce. While still hot, add shredded cheese and stir until
5. Stir in peppercorns (optional) then immediately pour sauce over pasta-vegetable mixture. Toss lightly to mix and bake 30 minutes or until browned and bubbly. Serve immediately.
....And remember, BJ's Wholesale Club is offering a Free 60-Day Trial Membership which can be activated between now and July 5. The risk-free, trial membership includes full member benefits including savings and no surcharge. A basic 12-month membership is $45.