And in case you haven't seen my previous recipe posts, BJ's Wholesale Club is offering a Free 60-Day Trial Membership which can be activated between now and July 5. The risk-free, trial membership includes full member benefits including savings and no surcharge. A basic 12-month membership is $45.
Click on this link to find and print the pass to take to any BJ’s club:
Serves 4 at $2.44 per serving
8 oz. Barilla® Linguine
1 small Summer Squash, thinly sliced
10 oz. Asparagus Spears, 2" pieces
8 oz. Green Giant® Baby Carrots, quartered lengthwise
1 cup Berkley & Jensen® Grade A Fancy Peas, defrosted
1 recipe White Sauce (below)
¾ cup Sargento® Shredded Parmesan Cheese
Grape Tomatoes (Optional)
1. Add pasta to large pot of rapidly boiling, salted water. Cook 4 minutes.
2. Add all vegetables except peas to pot with pasta. Cook until vegetables are tender and pasta is al dente.
3. Drain immediately and transfer to large serving bowl. Add peas and toss to mix.
4. Prepare white sauce according to recipe. While still hot, add ½ cup shredded cheese and stir until melted.
5. Pour cheese sauce over pasta-vegetable mixture and lightly toss to mix.
6. Serve immediately garnished with remaining ¼ cup shredded cheese and Grape Tomato halves (optional).
Basic White Sauce - Makes 2 cups.
Your microwave’s cooking times may vary. Please watch carefully.
4 Tbsp. Land O’Lakes® Sweet Butter
4 Tbsp. Gold Medal® All-Purpose Flour
2 cups Milk
Salt and Black Pepper to taste
1. Melt butter on high in 1-qt., microwave-safe bowl, about 20 to 30 seconds.
2. Stir in flour, using spoon to break up lumps, until smoothly blended.
3. Add milk, salt and pepper and stir until completely blended.
4. Microwave on high, pausing to stir every 30 seconds or so, until sauce is thick and bubbly, about 1 to 2 minutes.
Variation: Add 2 cups of shredded Cracker Barrel®
Sharp Cheddar Cheese and toss with cooked elbow macaroni for mac and cheese.
Happy Eating! I'd love to hear what you think of these recipes so please leave a comment.