Our last recipe from BJ's....
A bright and flavorful dish that’s sure to please, especially since it serves 4 at $1.91 per serving!
8 oz. Barilla® Farfalle
4 Perdue® Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts (1¼ lb.)
5 Green Onions, sliced
1 clove Garlic, minced
2 Tbsp. Wesson® Canola Oil
1/ 8 tsp. McCormick® Cayenne Pepper
1½ cups Progresso® Chicken Broth
2 tsp. Grey Poupon® Dijon Mustard
¼ cup fresh Lemon Juice
White Sauce (see above)
1. Cook pasta until al dente. Drain and set aside.
2. Cut chicken into ¾" pieces. Set aside. Heat oil in large skillet over medium high heat. Add green onions and garlic and sauté one minute.
3. Add chicken and sauté, turning chicken occasionally until cooked through, about 12 to 15 minutes.
4. Add pasta, toss and set aside.
5. Adapt Basic White Sauce recipe (as show in recipe #5): mix cayenne pepper into fl our before adding. Reduce milk by 1½ cups, substituting same amount of chicken broth. Add chicken broth-milk mix to fl our mix per recipe instructions.
6. While sauce is still hot, whisk in mustard and lemon juice, then immediately pour over chicken-pasta mixture; lightly toss to mix.
7. Garnish with sliced lemon and serve immediately.
I hope you've enjoyed these recipes each week as much as my family. If you haven't already taken advantage of the FREE membership trial at BJ's Wholesale Club, you still have time! Just click on this link to print out your FREE 60 Day trial membership...it's that easy.
If you have any recipes you'd like to share, please leave a comment.